Friday, May 2, 2014

Columbus

















 had to coach a soccer tournament in Columbus Ohio before Easter.  It was over the  weekend.  Then we stayed a few days while Mike worked.

We did our mandatory stop to Hayden falls for hayden.  He got to take Bailey and the Smith Family this time. 

 


Our team didn't move on to the finals so we had all day Sunday free.  The weather was so nice so we went to the Hocking Hills area to visit some spots we haven't been to yet.

First we went the natural rock bridge.  The kids hiked the whole way.

The bridge was actually pretty cool.  Here I am on top of it.



And it even had a waterfall behind it.  We named it Amelia falls because she was sad that she didn't have her own waterfall like Hayden.


We also decided to do the rock house hike. 

This is a short hike to some a big cave with lots of tunnels that kids can climb in.


They both loved it.  Hayden kept leaving us to explore.


Amelia was stomping and singing frozen songs and turning things to ice.  She also sang lion king songs in there too.  It was so cute.


Hayden liked to squeeze thru the narrow slots.



We even saw a waterfall here also.  :)


It was a great day.


We were all exhausted but the kids were excited to switch hotels and have a swimming pool this time.  Mike wanted to watch golf so I nicely took the kids swimming.  Thankfully they had a hot tub so I could sit and soak.  And the kids love the shallow warm water.  So win win.


And after much coaxing I finally got hayden to start jumping in the pool.  now he loves it.

The next two days Mike worked and the kids and I swam, watched movies, and shopped.  We also met up with my cousins for dinner.  

It was a fun little trip.

 

 

 

 




 


 







 





 


 






 




 



No comments: