Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July


For Hayden's first 4th of July we took a long weekend trip up to Geneva-on-the-Lake (Lake Erie). Hayden enjoyed Lake Erie much better this time!

We stayed at the cottage that my family always stayed at. I haven't been there since I was in about 3rd or 4th grade. Mom, Gram, Hillary, Eric and Kennedy, John, Megan, and Doug all came. We ate tons of good food that mom cooked and just relaxed. I actually read an entire book (my first since Hayden has been born!)


On Thursday night we walked down to the Strip/Center. The amusement park was gone but the ferris wheel was still there. So I took Hayden on it. He liked it. I could feel his stomach go when we went around.


On Friday the weather was a little chilly so we went to see a waterfall nearby with cousin Kennedy and just hung out most of the day.

(painsville waterfall)


Later we were joined by Doug and Megan. John loved the Thomas trains we brought up. We played some baggo/cornhole. Mike and I were the champions of the weekend, although I carried our team. We went undefeated.


On Saturday the weather was really nice. That morning we took a walk to the lighthouse with Doug, Megan, and John.



Then later we all went to the beach. Hayden enjoyed the beach much more this time. He played in the sand and loved it. Kennedy and John also had lots of fun.








We did some sparklers and bottle rockets back at the cottage. We watched fireworks that night, which Ryan said were worse then Carnegie's.

Sunday we walked into town and got some yummy, fresh donuts. Even Mike liked them. Then we headed home. Hayden got a little frustrated so we stopped at a park in Youngstown Ohio and saw this waterfall.



It was a fun weekend. Back to work tomorrow...

2 comments:

Patti said...

Hey Guys Looks like you had a blast. Too bad the weather wasn't the best it could be. Shucks, just seeing the pictures of the lake make me nostalgic. Ah, memories!

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks like you had a fun weekend. You took so many nice pictures. I like that last waterfall by the old building. Hayen is so cute!